Univ. of Hyogo, Graduate School of Information Science
Healthcare Science Course
About us はじめに
It is now believed that artificial intelligence (AI) would lead the world in the near future. Generating new models that enable better understanding of real-life problems and the development of AI-based solutions are expected to take over conventional methods. The main research of this laboratory is to Investigate, analyze and understand different human biological features and develop new machine learning models for data acquisition, manipulation and interpretation.
About Director 教員紹介
ラシド イサム 教授
Prof. Essam RASHED
After receiving Ph.D. (Eng.) from Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, I become a Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) postdoctoral fellow. I served as Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Computer Science at Suez Canal University, Egypt. From 2018, I become specially appointed Professor at Department of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology. In 2022, I become a Professor at the Graduate School of Information Science, University of Hyogo and become JST PRESTO Researcher (2023-2027).
I am always passionate to study interactions between EM signals and biological tissues in different applications. With this wide scope, applications using pattern recognition and machine learning are always attractive to me.
筑波大学大学院システム情報工学研究科コンピューターサイエンス専攻修了。日本学術振興会外国人特別研究員の後、エジプトのSuez Canal 大学コンピューターサイエンス学科にて助教・准教授・教授を務めました。2018年より、名古屋工業大学電気・機械工学専攻にて特任教授を兼任、2022年より兵庫県立大学大学院情報科学研究科に教授です。2023~2027年JSTさきがけ研究員 (兼任)。
- [Sept. 2023] 💰 A research grant from JST PRESTO is awarded (E. Rashed is Principal Investigator). JSTさきがけ研究が新規研究課題として採択されました。 (JSTさきがけ研究者: E. Rashed)。
- [Sept. 2023] 📝 A pre-print [open access] is published in arXiv.
- [Sept. 2023] 📢 E. Rashed is Invited Speaker for Research Seminar at Australian Catholic University (ACU), Australia (Scheduled Oct. 10, 2023).
- [Aug. 2023] 📢 New rules for tuition fees at our university (towards free education for prefecture residents) 兵庫県立大学の授業料無償化 (link)
- [July 2023] 🏆 M. Nouman (prospective doctoral student) have awarded the Japanese Government Scholarship (MEXT) with university recommendation to study in our laboratory. ノマンさん(潜在博士課程学生)が2023年度大学推薦による国費外国人留学生採用が決定しました。
- [July 2023] 📢 E. Rashed is Invited Speaker for the Neuromodec Webinar Series entitled "Machine learning in non-invasive electromagnetic brain stimulation" (Scheduled: 2024)
- [June 2023] 🏆 Our paper published in 2021 in One Health (IF22=5.0) is listed in the journal's "top cited articles published in the past 3 years". 2021年にOne Healthの論文は、同ジャーナルの「過去 3 年間に掲載された最も引用された論文」にリストされています。
- [May 2023] 💰 An international collaboration research grant from QJRC is awarded (E. Rashed is Lead Principal Investigator). 国際共同研究資金を受領しました（リーダ代表者：E. Rashed）
- [May 2023] 📢 Our Graduate School is ranked top (#1) allover Japan for the number of "Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research" adoptions by department in the fundamental informatics-related fields. 情報科学研究科が、「科学研究費助成事業」の情報学基礎論関連分野の部局別採択件数で全国一位を達成
- [Apr. 2023] 📝 A paper [open access] is published in Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine (IF22=1.0)
- [Apr. 2023] 📝 A paper [open access] is published in IEEE Access (IF22=3.9)
- [Apr. 2023] 📢 E. Rashed is Technical Program Committee Member of NILES2023, Giza, Egypt (21-23 Oct. 2023)
- [Mar. 2023] 📝 A paper [open access] is published in Vaccines (IF22=7.8) Special Issue "Effectiveness, Safety and Immunogenicity of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccines"
- [Mar. 2023] 📝 A paper will be presented at the 62nd Annual Conference of Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering 『第62回日本生体医工学会大会』, Nagoya, Japan.
- [Feb. 2023] 📢 E. Rashed is Guest Editor of Special Issue of Vaccines (IF22=7.8) [Models Analysis for SARS-CoV-2 Virus Transmission and Vaccination Rollout, Guest Editors: E. Rashed and S. Kodera]
- [Jan. 2023] 📢 E. Rashed is Technical Program Committee Member of MIST 2023, Macao, China (17-20 Nov. 2023)
- [Jan. 2023] 📅 Year 2022 (令和４年) in review can be found here
old news (2022)
- [Nov. 2022] 📢 A python version of our software CondNet is developed by R. S. Wabina and is available from here
- [Nov. 2022] 📢 E. Rashed is Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Cancer and Biomedical Research (ISSN Print: 2682-261X)
- [Nov. 2022] 📢 E. Rashed is Session Chair (Session 2: Medical Imaging Technology and Application) of MIST2022 Conference
- [Nov. 2022] 📘 A book entitled "COVID-19 and Environment: Impacts of a Global Pandemic" is published by MDPI (Eds. Kodera and Rashed) [pre-print of IJERPH Special Issue]
- [Oct. 2022] 📝 A paper [open access] is published in Journal of Urban Health (IF2021=5.801)
- [Oct. 2022] 📝 A paper [open access] is published in Vaccines (IF2021=4.961) [Special issue: Real Life Experience of the COVID-19 Vaccine: What Do You Need to Know?]
- [Oct. 2022] 📢 E. Rashed is invited speaker at the Egypt-Japan Multidisciplinary Science Forum, 18 Feb. 2023, Cairo, Egypt
- [Oct. 2022] 📝 A paper [open access] is published in PLOS One (F2021=3.752)
- [Oct. 2022] 📝 A paper [pdf] is published in IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility (IF2021=2.036)
- [Oct. 2022] 🎓 A new master student will join the lab from Apr. 2023 (当研究室に博士前期課程1名を募集します。)
- [Sept. 2022] 📝 A preprint is published in medRxiv
- [Sept. 2022] 📢 E. Rashed is Session Convener of session titled "Advances in computational modeling for Bioelectromagnetics", URSI GASS 2023 (19-26 Aug. 2023, Sapporo, Japan) (K. Sasaki, T. Nagaoka, E. A. Rashed and E. Porter)
- [Sept. 2022] 📢 E. Rashed is invited speaker at the 2nd International Conference on Medical Imaging Science and Technology.
- [Aug. 2022] 🏆 E. Rashed received the certificate of "Silver Distinguished Reviewer" from IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging (Q1, IF2021=11.037)
- [Aug. 2022] 📝 A paper will be presented at the International Conference on Medical Imaging Science and Technology (MIST 2022)
- [Aug. 2022] 📝 A paper [pdf] is published in Computers in Biology and Medicine (F2021=6.698) [Special issue: Smart Systems and Data-Driven Services in Healthcare] (Free access from here till 16 Oct. 2022)
- [June 2022] 📜 A poster will be presented at the Knowledge Exchange Symposium, University of Hyogo, Japan, Sept. 2022 「兵庫県立大学 知の交流シンポジウム」
- [June 2022] 📝 A paper [topical review, open access] is published in Physics in Medicine and Biology (F2021=4.174)
- [June 2022] 📢 E. Rashed is Technical Program Committee Member of the International Conference on Medical Imaging Science and Technology (MIST 2022), Shenzhen, China (Nov. 2022)
- [May 2022] 📖『深層学習(AI)に基づく新型コロナウイルス感染症流行の予測』平田、小寺、ラシドの『臨床と微生物 49巻3号』舘田 一博 (編集)が掲載されました (近代出版、ISBN: 978-4874022818、available from amazon)
- [Apr. 2022] 📝 A paper [open access] is published in PLOS ONE (F2021=3.752)
- [Apr. 2022] 📝 A paper [pdf] is published in Computers in Biology and Medicine (F2021=6.698)
- [Apr. 2022] ✍ Graduate school admission information (Year 2023) is now available from here (in Japanese)
- [Apr. 2022] 📝 Two papers are accepted for BioEM2022 (Nagoya, Japan) as poster presentations
- [Apr. 2022] 📢 E. Rashed is a Scientific Committee Member of MICCAI 2022 MLMIR Workshop
- [Apr. 2022] 📢 Laboratory is established and open call for new students.
- [Mar. 2022] 🏆 Co-authored paper is ranked as highly cited paper (top 1% of the academic field of Clinical Medicine) by Clarivate Web of Science.
- [Mar. 2022] 📢 Associate Editor, Frontiers in Surgery
- [Mar. 2022] 📝 A paper (open access) is published in Vaccines (IF2021=4.961)
- [Feb. 2022] 💰 Application for JSPS Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) is accepted (Principal Investigator)
- [Feb. 2022] 📝 A paper (open access) is published in IEEE Access (IF2021=3.476)
- [Feb. 2022] 📝 Two abstracts were submitted to BioEM2022 (Nagoya, JP)
- [Feb. 2022] 📢 Technical Program Committee Member, Int. Conf. on Biomed. Eng. and Biotech. (ICBEB 2022), Shenzhen, China, Nov. 2022
- [Feb. 2022] ⏩ I will move to Graduate School of Information Science, University of Hyogo「兵庫県立大学大学院情報科学研究科」from April 2022.
- [Jan. 2022] 📝 A preprint is added to arXiv
- [Jan. 2022] 📢 Co-Chair, WG6, IEEE International Committee on Electromagnetic Safety (ICES) SC6.
- [Jan. 2022] 📅 A summary of achievements in 2021 can be found here
Old news (2021)
- [Dec. 2021] 🏆 My paper is highlighted as "Editor's Choice Articles" from IJERPH, MDPI
- [Dec. 2021] 📝 A paper (open access) is published in Plos One (IF2021=3.752)
- [Dec. 2021] 📰 Asahi TV「テレビ朝日」highlighted our AI-based prediction of COVID-19 cases in next year considering potential spread of Omicron variant in Tokyo [▶ broadcast video is here (02:25 ~ 03:45)]
- [Dec. 2021] 📝 A paper is accepted for the 19th International Conference on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation (REV2022)
- [Nov. 2021] 📰 Results obtained from our AI model (open access paper) for COVID-19 data in Japan is highlighted by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW). [link: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/10900000/000853146.pdf] (in Japanese)
- [Nov. 2021] 📢 Program Committee Member of AMLTA2022
- [Nov. 2021] 🏆 Received the 2021 Faculty Award of Excellence「優秀賞」, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan "For the achievements in prediction of new coronavirus transmission considering human flow and seasonality" 「人流および季節性を考慮した新型コロナウイルス伝搬予測技術の業績」(Recipients: Hirata, Rashed, Kodera)
- [Nov. 2021] 📝 A paper will be presented at 2022 IEICE workshop on Electronics Simulation Technology (EST), Okinawa, Japan (Jan. 2022)
- [Nov. 2021] 📝 A preprint is added to arXiv
- [Nov. 2021] 🏆 My paper receive the 2021 Applied Research Award from Suez Canal University.
- [Nov. 2021] ⏫ Promoted to Professor (specially appointed) 「特任教授」at Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan
- [Oct. 2021] 📢 Online lecture entitled "The role of deep learning in understanding COVID-19 pandemic" will be presented within Suez Canal University public lectures [▶ video record is here: https://youtu.be/7irO4WyIV9w] (in Arabic)
- [Aug. 2021] 📢 Contributor of COVID-19 AI and Simulation Project coordinated by Japanese Cabinet Secretariat 「日本内閣官房」
- [Aug. 2021] 📝 A review paper [PDF] is published in IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility (IF2021=2.036)
- [Aug. 2021] 📝 A paper (open access) is published in IEEE Access (IF2021=3.476)
- [Aug. 2021] ⏫ Promoted to Professor of Computer Science at Suez Canal University, Egypt
- [July 2021] 📝 A paper is published in Sustainable Cities and Society (IF2021=10.696)
- [July 2021] 📝 A paper (open access) is published in IJERPH (IF2021=4.614)
- [July 2021] 📝 A paper is accepted for IEEE NSS/MIC conference (Yokohama, Japan)
- [July 2021] 📰 Our recent deep learning model to forecast the new COVID-19 positive cases in Japan is highlighted by the Chunichi Newspaper [8 July 2021] (in Japanese). More details can be found in university website from here.
- [July 2021] 📝 A paper is accepted for BioEM2021 conference (Ghent, Belgium)
- [July 2021] 📢 Guest Editor, Special issue on "COVID-19 and Environment: Impact of a Global Pandemic" for "International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health" (IF2021=4.614)
- [June 2021] 📝A paper (open access) is published in Intelligent Automation & Soft Computing (IF2021=3.401)
- [June 2021] 📝A paper (open access) is published in Sensors (IF2021=3.847) [SI: Sensors for Biological Signal Analysis]
- [June 2021] 📝A paper (open access) is published in Frontiers in Neuroscience (IF2021=5.152) [Section: Neural Technology]
- [June 2021] 📢International Program Committee Member, Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Systems and Informatics (AISI2021), Cairo, Egypt, Dec. 2021
- [May 2021] 📝 A paper (open access) is published in IJERPH (IF2021=4.614) [SI: Deep Learning: AI Steps Up in Battle against COVID-19]
- [May 2021] 📝 A paper is published in IJOSSP (CiteScore2021=1.3)
- [May 2021] 📢 Scientific Program Committee, MLMIR2021 workshop, MICCAI 2021, Strasbourg, France Oct. 2021
Open call for new lab members 入学生募集中
We currently have open call for Master & Ph.D. students. Laboratory members with need of financial support can be employed (part-time job) as "Research Assistant" with support available from externally funded research projects. Please contact laboratory director for more details.
University of Hyogo, Kobe Campus for Information Science,
Address: 650-0047 Minatojima-minamimachi 7-1-28, Chuo-ku, Kobe city, Hyogo, Japan
Computational Science Center Building, 6th floor, Room No. 601
Copyrights © 2023: All Rights Reserved || Disclaimer: Google Analytics is used to track website performance and collect visitor insights.